Daughters of Isabella
SPIRITUAL BENEFITS OF BEING IN DAUGHTERS OF ISABELLA
1. Apostolic Blessing received from the Holy Father, at least biennially.
2. Plenary indulgence at the hour of death under the usual conditions for all Daughters of Isabella and their families. This indulgence was obtained for us in 1931 by Monsignor Gauche for the assistance given him in his medical mission work.
3. All living and deceased members of the Daughters of Isabella are enrolled as members in the Purgatorial Society of the Redemptorist Fathers, and as such will share in the prayers and good works of the Society, including eleven masses celebrated daily in various Redemptorist communities.
4. The Daughters of Isabella were consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary in 1950. Each member is asked to observe the First Saturday of each month in honor of our Blessed Mother. Each circle is asked to observe the annual day of prayer on June 29.
5. Members of the Daughters of Isabella will share in the countless prayers of those who come on pilgrimage to the Shrine at Cap-de-la-Madeleine, Quebec, Canada.
6. The Daughters of Isabella are remembered in the daily prayers of the Community of the Servants of the Paraclete.
7. The Order of the Daughters of Isabella has been enrolled as a member of the P.I.M.E. Spiritual Association in perpetuity and will participate in daily spiritual benefits, including masses and prayers.
8. Dear Friends of the Sacred Heart Program: *The only way we can show our gratitude is by prayer, and you and your dear ones, and all your intentions will be remembered in a special way in our monthly novena of masses. This novena begins on the first Friday of each month. Your intentions will be forwarded to the great shrine of the Sacred Heart at Paray-le-Monial in France where the good nuns of St. Margaret Mary's convent will include them in their prayers.
9. All officers and members of the Daughters of Isabella are remembered every day in a special mass which is said for all our benefactors at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C.
10. Since 1941, the Daughters of Isabella have been benefactors of the Missionary Servant of the Most Holy Trinity, and share in the spiritual benefits of Trinity missions as follows: "Each Friday, all the members of our congregation offer mass for all the benefactors of the congregation; each day prayers are offered for the well-being of our benefactors; the Prayer of Christians is also prayed for our benefactors, special devotions in honor of Mary in May and October and a perpetual novena to the Holy Spirit".
11. Extract from Bishop Thomas Niu to delegates at the 1968 International Convention: "You, the Daughters of Isabella, have done so much for the Diocese of Chiayi in giving us the parish of Our Lady Queen of Heaven, that word cannot express the deep gratitude we feel. God alone will be able to reward you for this precious gift".
12. Prayers by the staff and clients and masses said daily by the Priests at the Guest House Centers in Lake Orion, Michigan, and Rochester, Minnesota.
13. As benefactors of the St. Joseph Society, the Daughters of Isabella are remembered in the community prayer of the Josephite Fathers. "Thank you so much for the work you have done."
14. "The intentions of all the Daughters of Isabella will be remembered at daily mass in our chapel as long as Southdown stands." Southdown Emmanuel Convalescent Foundation, Aurora, Ontario, Canada.